The Center for Anti-Violence Education (CAE) develops and implements comprehensive violence prevention programs for individuals and organizations. Through a combination of education, physical empowerment, and leadership development, CAE provides underserved communities throughout the New York metropolitan area with skills to break cycles of violence.
CAE’s programs focus on women, girls and LGBTQ communities, with a special sensitivity to the needs of survivors. Participants build the skills and strength to heal from, prevent, and counter violence. We do this work to actively create a peaceful, just, and equitable world.
For over 41 years, our work has been driven by a strong set of core values.
– Building the voices of women, LGBTQ communities, and youth is our foundation.
– We are multi-cultural and anti-racist.
LGBTQ issues are central to our work.
– We welcome transgender and gender-non-conforming individuals.
– Our programs are uniquely sensitive to the needs of survivors.
– Our youth programs are dynamic.
– Our programs are economically accessible.
– We promote the leadership of all participants.
– Our programs impact people throughout New York City and nationwide.
– We are a community.